Re: pg_basebackup issue

From: chiru r <chirupg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, Forums postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_basebackup issue
Date: 2017-04-22 19:56:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks you. The FATAL message is not clear. Yes, It is helpful if someone
with more knowledge of the connection code.

[postgres(at)pgserver ~]$ /opt/PostgreSQL/9.5/bin/pg_basebackup --format=t
--pgdata=online_backups1 -p 5432 -U *backup_admin* -x -z --verbose
*pg_basebackup: could not connect to server: FATAL: must be superuser or
replication role to start walsender*