Re: pg_basebackup issue

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: chiru r <chirupg(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, Forums postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_basebackup issue
Date: 2017-04-22 18:00:07
Lists: pgsql-general

On 04/22/2017 10:04 AM, chiru r wrote:
> Thanks for the reply,
>
> Actually I am not setting Role for database specific,I did set Role to
> user.
> Since users and roles are global for all databases in PostgreSQL,I
> believe it should work for replication pesudo database.

Except for the part where the 'replication' database does not actually
exist, so I am not seeing how a connection could be established to it.
Now whether a replication connection is supposed to honor SET ROLE is
something someone with more knowledge of the connection code will have
to answer. The evidence says it does not.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com