Re: Bug #6337 Patch

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Florian Sabonchi <sabonchi(at)posteo(dot)de>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug #6337 Patch
Date: 2021-07-22 09:22:31
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

[please keep the list CC'd]

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 10:14 AM Florian Sabonchi <sabonchi(at)posteo(dot)de>
wrote:

> Hello Dave,
>
> As you said, it doesn't make sense to ban ip addresses. Alternatively, a
> captcha could be implemented that prevents an attacker from trying to
> bruteforce an account.

We did discuss using a captcha, but a) I *really* dislike them, and b) most
of the good ones require internet access which not all users have.

--
Dave Page
Blog: https://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com