Re: Patch for pgAdmin4 package on Mac OS X

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Hamid Quddus <hamid(dot)quddus(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Patch for pgAdmin4 package on Mac OS X
Date: 2016-05-27 15:48:15
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 1:11 PM, Sandeep Thakkar <
sandeep(dot)thakkar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Sure. Thanks.
>
> There is a typo in pkg/mac/build.sh. i.e
>
> s/HTML_HELP/HELP_PATH/
>

> On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>
>> Not entirely - we definitely need to improve it. I'll review the code as
>> it is now though.

OK, review time :-)

- The appbundle name should be created from APP_NAME.app in config.py, e.g.
'pgAdmin 4.app'

- The DMG name should be created from
to_lower(remove_spaces(APP_NAME-APP_VERSION)) in config.py, e.g.
pgadmin4-1.0-dev.dmg

- Use #ifdef Q_OS_MAC in the QT code for Mac-specific code. There's no need
to define another macro.

- Please add "MINIFY_HTML = False" to config_local.py (and have Paresh do
the same on his packages). This works around a code issue with the docs
that I'll log a bug for.

- In testing, I found that running the app from within the DMG doesn't seem
to work the first time - it prompts for the path, then exits. Once I save
the path it offers, it's fine on subsequent runs.

- Once copied to my laptop, I saw the same issue as above.

Once these issues are resolved, I think we're good to commit.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com