Re: [4696] Add RE-SQL/MSQL test cases for Materialized View

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Fahar Abbas <fahar(dot)abbas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [4696] Add RE-SQL/MSQL test cases for Materialized View
Date: 2019-09-05 09:40:09
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 9:09 AM Fahar Abbas <fahar(dot)abbas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi Hackers,
>
> Please find attached the patch for RE-SQL for Materialized view.
>
> Please review and apply the patch.

- Please be consistent with your naming - you have scenarios that mention
both mview and MView. Any reason not to call them Materialised Views though?

- I would expect to see more alter steps; e.g. to change the name (thus
ensuring that escaping is handled properly for that), to change autovac
parameters, update the ACL etc. Whilst we probably cannot cover every
possible scenario, we should at least try to get tests that cover all the
basics.

- I honestly don't see how this is working (I need coffee maybe!). As far
as I can see, the create and alter scenarios for both PG and EPAS use
exactly the same parameters apart from the endpoints, yet the comment is
being dropped and it's flipping to DATA from NO DATA. Are those actual bugs?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company