Re: BUG #14611: Black screen when launching pgadmin4

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: david(dot)ung(at)fr(dot)abnamro(dot)com
Cc: John McKown <john(dot)archie(dot)mckown(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #14611: Black screen when launching pgadmin4
Date: 2017-04-04 15:34:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 10:51 AM, <david(dot)ung(at)fr(dot)abnamro(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> When I downloaded, I have only "Interactive installer by EnterpriseDB"
> which is packaged with Postgres, Pgadmin.
> My pgadmin is in version 4. I don't have more details.
>
> When I launched pgadmin 4, I have this screen :
>

> So for me, I thnik this package 9.6.2 has been tested before publish no ?

It has been extensively tested by a dedicated team of QA people, but
unfortunately it's not feasible to test every possible combination of
hardware/software there is.

This particular issue has been seen a few times in the field, but never
reproduced by us. It has become apparent that it's a known issue in
QtWebEngine on which current versions of pgAdmin are built. I have created
a test build (just pgAdmin, not including the database server) which is
available here: https://developer.pgadmin.org/~dpage/. This build uses an
alternative rendering engine - please let us know if it works (reports from
others affected are that it does solve the problem).

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com