Re: PATCH: to fix jsonb type rendering in runtime (pgAdmin4)

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PATCH: to fix jsonb type rendering in runtime (pgAdmin4)
Date: 2016-06-29 10:24:24
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 10:32 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> PFA patch to fix the issue of jsonb type rendering issue in runtime.
> RM#1404

I'm not convinced this is a good fix for a couple of reasons:

1) You're only applying the fix if we're running in the runtime. The
runtime uses the Webkit engine just as Safari and Chrome do, so I'm
more inclined to believe this is a version specific issue, rather than
something that is definitely confined to the runtime.

2) What if the user has JSON data in a json field? Or worse, a text field?

I wonder if we could/should mark the contents of all text fields as
CDATA to prevent the browser trying to do anything with them.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company