Re: [pgadmin4][patch] Use pytest test runner for unit tests

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Joao De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Anthony Emengo <aemengo(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Subject: Re: [pgadmin4][patch] Use pytest test runner for unit tests
Date: 2018-06-11 15:01:26
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 3:26 PM, Joao De Almeida Pereira <
jdealmeidapereira(at)pivotal(dot)io> wrote:

> Known issues:
>>>
>>> - Python 2.7, the library we are using for assertions (Grappa) is
>>> failing while trying to assert on strings. We created a PR to the library:
>>> https://github.com/grappa-py/grappa/pull/43
>>> <https://github.com/grappa-py/grappa/pull/43> as soon as this gets
>>> in all the tests should pass
>>>
>>> Any guesses as to the ETA? Given that most of our dev, and our Windows
>> and Mac packages both run on 2.7 at the moment, it's clear that this is a
>> required fix before we can proceed.
>>

> Attached you can find the patch that bumps grappa to version 0.1.9 that
> support Python 2.7

I thought I had replied to this, but apparently not. My apologies...

This does seem to fix the issues with Python 2.7. The remaining issues I
saw are:

- There are a handful of failures with PG 11, however that's not yet
supported and Khushboo is working on it. It shouldn't hold up this patch -
just mentioning for completeness.

- I get the following failure (which is easily fixed in the config file,
though that of course, shouldn't be necessary):

E AssertionError: Oops! Something went wrong!

E The following assertion was not satisfied

E subject "/Library/PostgreSQL/ ..." should be equal to
"/Library/PostgreSQL/ ..."

E What we expected

E a value that is equal to "/Library/PostgreSQL/ ..."

E What we got instead

E an value of type "str" with data "/Library/PostgreSQL/ ..."

E Difference comparison

E > - /Library/PostgreSQL/tablespaces/9.4

E > + /Library/PostgreSQL/tablespaces/9.4/

E > ? +

E Where

E File
"/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/tablespaces/tests/test_tbspc_get.py",
line 75, in test_tablespace_get

Thanks.

--
Dave Page