Re: uninstalling pgadmin4 version 1.0

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Gillian Walker <gillian(at)jft(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: uninstalling pgadmin4 version 1.0
Date: 2017-07-19 13:31:58
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 1:37 PM, Gillian Walker <gillian(at)jft(dot)co(dot)uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have pgAdmin4 version 1.0 running on a windows 7 machine – I would like
> to uninstall it and put on the latest version. It is installed in
> C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.6\pgAdmin4 – I can find no uninstall exe
> within the pgAdmin4 folder and the program is not listed in the ‘Uninstall
> or change program’ option from the control panel. Can anyone tell me how
> to completely uninstall it? Many thanks.
>
> Gillian

That is installed as a component of PostgreSQL, so you cannot remove it
without removing PostgreSQL. You can either: install the new version from
the standalone installer, which will happily co-exist with the one from the
PostgreSQL package, or upgrade PostgreSQL to the latest release which will
also upgrade pgAdmin. I believe at the moment it would get you v1.5, but an
update to the PostgreSQL installer with pgAdmin 1.6. should be available in
the next few days.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com