Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM 1253 - Store and reload current location in treeview

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Khushboo Vashi <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM 1253 - Store and reload current location in treeview
Date: 2018-08-30 10:04:05
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 1:40 PM, Khushboo Vashi <
khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 1:19 PM, Akshay Joshi <
> akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Khushboo
>>
>> Patch looks good to me, following are my review comments:
>>
>> - Logic doesn't work when we disconnect and re-connect to the
>> database server. We have duplicated RM #1335.
>>
>> I have saved the current state of the tree. so If I have disconnected the
> server, so that closed state will be considered for that server.
> If another server(s) is still connected and opened at some node, and then
> you reload the browser, on connecting/expanding the server it will populate
> the server nodes.
>
> @Dave,
>
> Do I need to change this behaviour?

Per our Skype call, let's store and restore both the current tree state and
the previous state of disconnected servers (as pgAdmin 3 did). So:

- On browser open, the treeview is restored to the previous state, with
databases reconnected as required.

- On re-connect of a database, the sub-treeview for that database is
restored to the state it was in prior to disconnection.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com