Re: Problem with multiple comments

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Per Wigren <per(dot)wigren(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with multiple comments
Date: 2012-12-06 10:37:17
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Per Wigren <per(dot)wigren(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> When querying pg_description for the oid of one schema that has duplicates
> in pgAdmin I get this:
>
> bix_live=# select * from pg_description where objoid = 16458;
> objoid | classoid | objsubid |
> description
> --------+----------+----------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 16458 | 2615 | 0 | The main comment
> 16458 | 1259 | 1 | some other comment
> 16458 | 1259 | 2 | yet another comment
> 16458 | 1259 | 3 | a different comment
> 16458 | 1259 | 4 | another different comment
> (5 rows)
>
> These are the comments that are displayed for the various duplicates in
> pgAdmin. Only the main comment is suppsed to be there, I don't know where
> the others come from. The extra comments are the same for all schemas that
> have duplicates.

The rows with objsubid set to something other than 0 are almost
certainly comments on table columns (the sub ID being the column
number). That's perfectly normal. I'm still not clear where you're
seeing a problem though - can you show me a screenshot of the affect
schema in pgAdmin, including both the properties pane showing the
schema OID, and the SQL pane?

Thanks.

--
Dave Page