Re: F5 - irritating behaviour

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Johann Spies <jspies(at)sun(dot)ac(dot)za>, pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: F5 - irritating behaviour
Date: 2017-11-02 09:44:27
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 9:35 AM, Johann Spies <jspies(at)sun(dot)ac(dot)za> wrote:

> On Debian in Firefox
>
> If I terminate a running query, change it and press F5 again, a
> notification jumps up asking me whether I want to leave the page!
>
> Then I have to use the mouse to activate the query again.

It sounds like Firefox is grabbing the keypress. That shouldn't happen as
long as the query tool has focus. Is that the case?

> I am not actually sure whether it is always after a query was terminated
> that this happens. I am just getting a bit fed-up with this behaviour.
>
> Is there a way to get Ctl-E back as it was on pgadmin3?

I honestly had no idea Ctrl+E worked in pgAdmin III. The documented key was
F5 there too.

We are looking into the idea of making shortcut keys configurable, so that
may solve this.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com