Re: 答复: [pgadmin-hackers] pgAdmin III commit: Fix SQL for GRANT on a sequence

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: liuyuanyuan <liuyuanyuangogo(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 答复: [pgadmin-hackers] pgAdmin III commit: Fix SQL for GRANT on a sequence
Date: 2014-07-15 07:21:06
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 2:45 AM, liuyuanyuan <liuyuanyuangogo(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Thanks for your attention to this topic!
>
> In fact, none pgadmin can be compatible with all versions of the database.

We've done pretty well so far, supporting right back to 7.3, through we
don't officially support the much older versions now, but that's mostly due
to the amount of testing it requires.

> Although earlier versions of PG don't support GRANT ON SEQUENCE,
>
> but new versions support. So I think this adjustment is necessary .

Old versions supported GRANT ON TABLE for sequences iirc, (as sequences are
members of pg_class). This change is only necessary if newer versions of
PostgreSQL dropped that syntax. It may be desirable, if we no longer
support any versions of PostgreSQL that needed the old syntax.