Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Allow user to choose background colour for server

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Allow user to choose background colour for server
Date: 2017-11-20 13:18:44
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 9:30 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala <
murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> PFA updated patch.
>
> On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 6:34 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Looks good. A few changes/suggestions:
>>
>> - There seem to be some debugger calls left in the code, e.g. in
>> editors.js
>>
> ​Fixed
>
>> - Instead of bgcolor and font_color, lets use bgcolor and fgcolor
>> (foreground).
>>
> ​Fixed​
>

>> - The docs are (technically) en_US, so we should use color not colour in
>> them.
>>
> ​Fixed​
>

>> - If the colours have been set for a server, I think we should also
>> colour the title bar in the query tool. The only possible problem there is
>> that the current default colours are reversed in comparison to the treeview
>> (e.g. the treeview defaults to black text, whilst the query tool title bar
>> is white on blue. Not sure if that is really an issue or not.
>>
> What do you think?
>>
> ​I have added logic to set the background & foreground colour in query
> tool & datagrid title bar.
> - Default title bar colours, b
> ackground
> ​: blue
> foreground
> ​: white
> [
> ​w​
> hat we have right now]
> - When user has custom background colour for the server​,
> ackground
> ​: <
> custom background colour
> >
> foreground
> ​: black
> - When user has custom background colour as well as foreground colour for
> the server​,
> ackground
> ​: <
> custom background colour
> >
> foreground
> ​:
> <
> custom
> ​foreground
> colour

I think this looks good now for the most part, except:

- The default colours for the title bar on the query tool seem to be black
on white. See the first screenshot.

- If I just set the foreground colour for a connection, it only shows up in
the query tool title, not on the treeview (and the query tool title has a
white background (which does seem reasonable, as the treeview would as
well). See the second screenshot.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 13.12.08.png image/png 236.3 KB
Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 13.15.13.png image/png 248.0 KB