Re: [pgadmin-hackers][pgaweb][patch] Website patch to add SCSS

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Joao De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers][pgaweb][patch] Website patch to add SCSS
Date: 2017-07-11 14:34:57
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 7:16 PM, Joao De Almeida Pereira <
jdealmeidapereira(at)pivotal(dot)io> wrote:

> Hi Hackers,
>
> In this email you will be able to find the first patches to start the
> migration of the Styleguide from http://pgadmin4-styleguide.cfapps.io/ to
> the pgadmin.org webpage.
>
> The first patch adds a Readme to the project and also the yarn.lock file
> The second patch:
> - Adds SCSS processor to Django

Hmm, seems like the dependencies are broken. Adding them throws me down
what seems like a rabbit hole of manual installation, starting with:

(pgaweb) piranha:pgaweb dpage$ pip install -r requirements.txt
Requirement already satisfied: Django==1.8.18 in
/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgaweb/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from -r
requirements.txt (line 1))
Requirement already satisfied: psycopg2==2.7.1 in
/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgaweb/lib/python2.7/site-packages (from -r
requirements.txt (line 2))
Collecting libsass==0.13.2 (from -r requirements.txt (line 3))
Using cached libsass-0.13.2.tar.gz
Could not import setuptools which is required to install from a source
distribution.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File
"/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgaweb/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/req/req_install.py",
line 387, in setup_py
import setuptools # noqa
File
"/Users/dpage/.virtualenvs/pgaweb/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools/__init__.py",
line 10, in <module>
from six.moves import filter, map
ImportError: No module named six.moves

Perhaps the entire dependency tree should be added to requirements.txt?

> - Scripts to yarn to compile the SCSS and run the application

- Add startapp.sh script to start the application

The application runs under uWSGI - it's not going to be started via a
script. It's auto-updated periodically from git, and uWSGI will restart
when necessary so if any pre-processing of files is required, that needs to
be done at startup automatically.

> - Changes the current pgaweb.css file to SCSS

OK.

> - Update README with new instructions

- The "Add initial pgAdmin4 version" should be changed to describe loading
the fixture data from each of the various modules that seed the database.
e.g.

./manage.py loaddata ./download/fixtures/packages.json
./manage.py loaddata ./download/fixtures/distributions.json
./manage.py loaddata ./download/fixtures/versions.json
./manage.py loaddata ./download/fixtures/downloads.json
./manage.py loaddata ./faq/fixtures/categories.json
./manage.py loaddata ./faq/fixtures/faqs.json
./manage.py loaddata ./news/fixtures/news.json
./manage.py loaddata ./versions/fixtures/versions.json

- s/PGAdmin/pgAdmin

- We can remove the part about using sqlite for the DB. This is a Postgres
project after all :-)

Thanks.

--
Dave Page