Re: Please add timestamps to pgagent log

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Sanket Mehta <sanket(dot)mehta(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Please add timestamps to pgagent log
Date: 2015-07-13 13:36:21
Lists: pgadmin-support

HI

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Sanket Mehta
<sanket(dot)mehta(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I have attached the patch which is having both functionalities (-v for
> version info and timestamp in log)
>
> Here timestamp is added only for linux platform because on windows pgagent
> logs are viewed in event viewer which provides timestamp on its own.

OK

> Please do review it and let me know in case anything is missing.

Can we not get the version from a preprocessor macro? It's already in
CMakeLists.txt after all. If not, I think we at least need to update
the comment in CMakeLists.txt and other files as appropriate so we
don't forget to update the number anywhere.

Also, please change:

shows version then exit

display version info and then exit.

Thanks!