Re: Issue tracking

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Philippe Cloutier <chealer(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issue tracking
Date: 2021-11-15 10:37:39
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 11:31 PM Philippe Cloutier <chealer(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Le 2021-11-10 à 04:06, Dave Page a écrit :
>
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 11:23 PM Philippe Cloutier <chealer(at)gmail(dot)com>
> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>

>> The ticket I filed was set to Status "Rejected". Could someone either
>> explain why or set that field to a more representative value?
>>
> Because at the time we had no plan to change tracker. Or are you talking
> about a different ticket?
>

> No, I am talking about #5042. I would obviously prefer if it had been
> solved yesterday, but it does not mention any timeframe. It is simply a
> report of the issue (and implicitly, a request to solve it as soon as
> possible).

Right, so it is the same ticket. We don't have any definitive plans to
change the tracker at the moment. As I mentioned, we are considering
Github, but that is by no means decided, and we may well leave things as
they are. It's also not a pgAdmin feature, which is another reason why the
issue was rejected; the issue tracker is for tracking features/bugs in
pgAdmin itself; we don't keep any infrastructure related issues there.