Re: pgAdmin III: Muliple SQL tabs

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Sergey Busel <sbusel(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III: Muliple SQL tabs
Date: 2016-02-10 14:28:58
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 12:14 AM, Sergey Busel <sbusel(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Dave,
>
> Here is a patch that does display the query tab name in the title bar of
> the output pane. It seems to work with loading and saving the perspective,
> too. The trick is to restore the original text on the output pane before
> right after.
>
> Attached is the full patch, not the diff from the previous patch I sent.
> Let me know if you have other suggestions.

That seems to solve the problem nicely :-) - Thanks!

It does lead to one other issue that I can see - the History tab on the
results pane now shows the history for all query tabs, which seems a little
odd given that the other 3 tabs on the results panel are query tab
specific. Unless there are better ideas, I think the best way to fix this
is to include the current tab name in the history, e.g.

-- Executing query [Query 1]:
SELECT version();
Total query runtime: 16 msec
1 row retrieved.