Re: announces and news ...

From: Hans-Juergen Schoenig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: announces and news ...
Date: 2007-10-31 07:32:42
Lists: pgeu-general

good morning josh,

the delay is not a big deal. i was just wondering - usually the team
is so incredibly fast that i might just have got used to it ;).
ah, i see - pgfoundry is the problem. i was already curious why the
codes have not been activated there.

let me add a paragraph to the texts we want to put out. maybe it is a
good idea to tell a little bit more about the roots of the product:

---------------------------
(maybe we can use this text, if it is fine for you)
---------------------------

Cybercluster is heavily based on the ideas of PGCluster.
To make the cluster more portable we rewrote large parts of the
internals to use threads. This change allows us to run even on Windows.
In addition to that a couple of features have been added:

- optional support for 2 phase commit
- a consistency checker
- a monitoring server to track the replication process

A couple of memory leaks and bugs inside the original PGCluster code
have been fixed and the installer was adapted to install all
components which are needed to run Cybercluster.

looking forward to seeing the release on postgresql.org :).

many thanks and best regards,

hans

--
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH