Same data, different results in Postgres vs. FrontBase

From: Brendan Duddridge <brendan(at)clickspace(dot)com>
To: Postgresql-General General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Same data, different results in Postgres vs. FrontBase
Date: 2006-02-19 05:51:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have a query that returns 569 rows in FrontBase, but only 30 rows
in Postgres. The data is the same as I just finished copying my
entire database over from FrontBase to Postgres.

I've reduced my problem to the following statement and have
discovered that FrontBase returns null rows along with the rows that
match the query and PostgreSQL only returns the not null rows.

CON.IS_SUBSCRIBED NOT IN ('X', 'P')

Is that normal? I guess I have to rewrite my queries to handle this
situation.

Does anyone have any idea why the two database engines might differ
in this way?

Thanks,

Brendan Duddridge | CTO | 403-277-5591 x24 | brendan(at)clickspace(dot)com

ClickSpace Interactive Inc.
Suite L100, 239 - 10th Ave. SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0V9

http://www.clickspace.com