Re: logfile character encoding

From: <Holger(dot)Friedrich-Fa-Trivadis(at)it(dot)nrw(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Subject: Re: logfile character encoding
Date: 2014-08-18 13:31:32
Lists: pgsql-general

➢ Yeah, more digging on my part seems to indicate that no matter what you
➢ do Windows is going to set the locale to some variety of a codepage.
➢ Unfortunately, I do not use Windows enough to go much further with this.
➢ Hopefully someone more Microsoft fluent can weigh in on this, as this
➢ issue comes up periodically and it would be nice to have a definitive
➢ answer one way or another. I for one would appreciate the edification.

Wikipedia says that UTF-8 is code page 65001, in Microsoft notation (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_page) Does this help in any way (i.e. does German_Germany.65001 work for you)?