PostgreSQL 9.3 logging: separate log messages

From: Sergey Arlashin <sergeyarl(dot)maillist(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL 9.3 logging: separate log messages
Date: 2014-03-31 13:33:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi!

What is the proper way to separate queries from other messages while logging?

For example:

I have 'log_min_duration_statement' parameter in postgresql.conf . Therefore I get postgresql system messages and slow queries in one log file /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-9.3-main.log .

In order to simplify further reading I'd like to get slow queries in /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-slowqueries.log and all the rest in /var/log/postgresql/postgresql.log.

I tried to implement this by means of rsyslog but didn't manage to get any decent result.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

--
Best regards,
Sergey Arlashin