Re: Can't Figure Out Where Rows Are Going

From: HH <lists(at)lastonepicked(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can't Figure Out Where Rows Are Going
Date: 2006-05-07 07:29:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Tom.

I don't use any PL language functions in my app explicitly but perhaps
something implicit when using one of the command line tools or something
like that? I don't have anything pointing in that direction.

I double checked the definition for the 'orders' table (header) and also the
'order_lines', just to make sure there wasn't something in there that could
be throwing me off.

I didn't see anything in 'orders' of any interest at all. I've included both
below in case I missed something in there.

I appreciate everyone trying to help and any other ideas are very much
appreciated. I hope to be able to trace the cause at some point.

-
db_production=# \d orders
Table "public.orders"
Column | Type |
Modifiers
------------------------+-----------------------------+---------------------
--------------------------------
id | integer | not null default
nextval('orders_id_seq'::regclass)
billing_address_1 | character varying(255) |
billing_address_2 | character varying(255) |
billing_city | character varying(255) |
billing_state_province | character varying(255) |
billing_postal_code | character varying(255) |
billing_country | character varying(255) |
phone_number | character varying(255) |
email_address | character varying(255) |
store_name | character varying(255) |
cardholders_name | character varying(255) |
card_type | character varying(255) |
card_number | character varying(255) |
card_security_code | character varying(255) |
expires_month | character varying(255) |
expires_year | character varying(255) |
sent_to_gateway | timestamp without time zone |
gateway_confirmation | character varying(255) |
avs_address | character varying(255) |
avs_zip_code | character varying(255) |
created_at | timestamp without time zone |
updated_at | timestamp without time zone |
billing_first_name | character varying(255) |
billing_last_name | character varying(255) |
shipping_cost | double precision |
sales_tax | double precision |
order_status | character varying(255) |
processor_type | character varying(255) |
ipn_notification | character varying(255) |
ipn_date | timestamp without time zone |
ipn_email | character varying(255) |
ip_address | character varying(255) |
"orders_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (id)
"orders_order_status_index" btree (order_status)

'order_lines'

fatwreck_production=# \d order_lines;
Table "public.order_lines"
Column | Type |
Modifiers
-------------------+-----------------------------+--------------------------
--------------------------------
id | integer | not null default
nextval('order_lines_id_seq'::regclass)
order_id | integer |
order_item | character varying(255) |
order_description | character varying(255) |
order_quantity | integer |
unit_price | numeric |
extended_price | numeric |
created_at | timestamp without time zone |
updated_at | timestamp without time zone |
band_name | character varying(255) |
catalog_number | character varying(255) |
product_id | character varying(255) |
line_source | character varying(255) |
"order_lines_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (id)
"order_lines_order_id_index" btree (order_id)
Foreign-key constraints:
"order_lines_order_id_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (order_id) REFERENCES orders(id)