Re: Can't Figure Out Where Rows Are Going

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: HH <lists(at)lastonepicked(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can't Figure Out Where Rows Are Going
Date: 2006-05-07 02:04:56
Lists: pgsql-general

HH <lists(at)lastonepicked(dot)com> writes:
> I can't figure out where this row went and why it disappeared! Is it getting
> deleted some other way that wouldn't be logged? Am I missing something
> rudimentary?

Aside from the suggestion already made that the inserting transaction
got rolled back instead of committed, I'd wonder about indirect
deletions due to ON DELETE CASCADE foreign keys, or deletions executed
by PL-language functions. Neither of those would produce obvious log
entries for their effects...