Insert Concurrency

From: ROBERT PRICE <rprice504(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Insert Concurrency
Date: 2017-04-18 02:55:41
Lists: pgsql-performance

I come from an Oracle background and am porting an application to postgres. App has a table that will contain 100 million rows and has to be loaded by a process that reads messages off a SQS queue and makes web service calls to insert records one row at a time in a postgres RDS instance. I know slow by slow is not the ideal approach but I was wondering if postgres had partitioning or other ways to tune concurrent insert statements. Process will run 50 - 100 concurrent threads.