Fastest way to duplicate a quite large database

From: Edson Richter <edsonrichter(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fastest way to duplicate a quite large database
Date: 2016-04-12 14:25:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

I have a database "Customer" with about 60Gb of data.
I know I can backup and restore, but this seems too slow.

Is there any other option to duplicate this database as "CustomerTest"
as fast as possible (even fastar than backup/restore) - better if in one
operation (something like "copy database A to B")?
I would like to run this everyday, overnight, with minimal impact to
prepare a test environment based on production data.

Thanks,

--
Atenciosamente,

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter