Archive command seem to be working.

From: Chris Barnes <compuguruchrisbarnes(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: Postgres General Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Archive command seem to be working.
Date: 2009-12-22 19:03:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, hoping someone can tell me how to get this running again.

I have pitr running and noticed that the slave is far out of date with wal logs.

Upon investigation I see that on the master that /data/pgsql/backups/wal_logs has over 6000 logs that haven't been moved
to the /var/lib/pgsql/backups/wal_arch/ folder.

The root partition that has /var had been full and logs may have been removed, and it may have run some time in this condition until someone corrected it.

postgresql.conf file.

test ! -f /data/pgsql/backups/wal_arch/%f.gz && cp %p /var/lib/pgsql/backups/wal_arch/%f

Is there a way to restart a service without taking the database down/up?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris Barnes

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9691816