Re: compliance with 21 cfr part 11

From: Robin <robinstc(at)live(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: compliance with 21 cfr part 11
Date: 2013-12-05 04:15:30
Lists: pgsql-general

I have built big nationwide health databases, and other secure systems
requiring traceback and auditability.

The more you are able to make the required processes transparent to the
end user, the happier they are and the fewer problems you have from a
user acceptance perspective.

Audit does belong in the database, go and look at where the likes of
Sybase ASE and DB2 do it. If you do it up front, you are continually
maintaining it.

Few systems control appropriate access to data; that is a harder and
proprietary trick.

Robin St.Clair