Re: Compressed binary field

From: Edson Richter <edsonrichter(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compressed binary field
Date: 2012-09-11 17:41:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Em 11/09/2012 14:34, Kevin Grittner escreveu:
> Edson Richter <edsonrichter(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> For storage, du -h --max-depth 1 on data directory gives me the
>> amount of data.
>
>> Biggest objects are just the tables with files.
>
>> I've 2 tables that held all these objects. Structure is
>>
>> create table MYTABLE (id bigint not null primary key, mimetype
>> varchar(100) null, bytea datafile null)
>
> Could you show the results of this query?:
>
> SELECT relkind, oid, relfilenode, reltoastrelid,
> relpages, reltuples
> FROM pg_class
> ORDER BY relpages DESC
> LIMIT 10;
relkind oid relfilenode reltoastrelid relpages reltuples
r 312470 1043546 312492 29321 639571
r 312585 1043643 0 22732 1.80617e+06
r 312522 1043578 312527 19769 724210
r 312749 1043773 312753 14307 928538
r 312758 1043763 0 10488 917134
r 312498 1043525 0 7689 640572
r 312802 1043804 312810 7670 172789
r 312964 1044076 0 7586 385833
i 1041923 1043648 0 6958 1.80617e+06
r 312815 1043825 312819 6684 715081

> Also, just to be sure that all calculations are based on your actual
> build, can you show the results of?:
>
> SHOW block_size;
8192

> Have you checked the level of bloat yet? (Perhaps autovacuum needs
> to be made more aggressive.)
Besides autocacuum, I usually run Vacuum Full on weekly basis. My
calculations came after Vacuum Full.

Edson.