Re: Using replication to upgrade db from 12 to 16

From: Frank Komsic <komsicf(at)shoeicanada(dot)com>
To: Kashif Zeeshan <kashi(dot)zeeshan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-sql(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Using replication to upgrade db from 12 to 16
Date: 2024-07-20 17:59:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Zashif,

I read somewhere that it was possible to have a replication on an Upgraded major version I believe by using logical replication?

Not sure myself, but was hoping there is a way as our application required some debugging after the upgrade due to improper concatenation of SQL statements that was not enforced in PGSQL-12.

Thanks

Frank