Re: Reordering columns in a table

From: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)killerbytes(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Reordering columns in a table
Date: 2006-01-06 21:28:15
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-general

> I would assume
> that all dependent database objects are also dropped when you drop the
> table, so you'd have to recreate all of your foreign keys (both
> directions) and triggers etc.?

Basically. I try to keep my DDL scripts organized in a way that makes this
easy. Of course an automated tool could do this as well. For instance I used
to use the products from Embarcadero to maintain Sybase databases, and their
design tool would create all the DDL needed to update a live database to
match the current design. Of course, one experience with a bug and I learned
to have it show me the script and read it carefully before proceeding ;-)
(Hey, I'm not stupid, it was just a development db that I hosed!)

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe(at)killerbytes(dot)com