Deadlock removal

From: "Albrecht Stephen (LWE)" <stephen(dot)albrecht(at)lwe(dot)liebherr(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Deadlock removal
Date: 2004-09-13 11:20:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I have somehow managed to lock a row in one of my database tables, and I am now unable to unlock that row.

I have tried using the ROLLBACK command, but get a notice: NO TRANSACTION IN PROGRESS. However, when I try to update or delete the record, the query never executes, and I have to cancel it manually, at which point I get the error: QUERY CANCEL REQUESTED WHILE WAITING LOCK.

Anybody know how I can simply get rid of this lock?

Thanks,
Stephen.