Re: View efficiency questions

From: Phil Endecott <spam_from_postgresql_general(at)chezphil(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: View efficiency questions
Date: 2004-09-13 10:34:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tom,

Thanks for writing. On Saturday I had a query that took 3000 ms but
reduced to only 1200 ms when I took out the date formatting functions
from the views. Now it takes only 700 ms with or without the functions.
Perhaps an ANALYZE in the meantime has changed everything.

Anyway, thanks for your example. The "raise notice" is a good debugging
idea. I will post again if the problem comes back and I can construct a
repeatable test case.

Regards,

--Phil.