Re: About transform SQL grammar from postgresql 8.0 to

From: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: <emilu(at)cs(dot)concordia(dot)ca>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: About transform SQL grammar from postgresql 8.0 to
Date: 2005-10-11 17:36:49
Lists: pgsql-general

On 10/11/05 11:34 AM, "Emi Lu" <emilu(at)cs(dot)concordia(dot)ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I know there is a script in perl can transform all sql commands in mysql
> into the queries supported by postgreSQL.
>
> Since we have not finished moving all data from mysql into postgresql,
> we need dump around 60 tables from postgresql 8.0 to mysql 3.0 on a
> daily basis.
>
> So, I am looking for some existing scripts that can change postgresql
> SQL grammar (E.g., filtering "set search_path") into the ones supported
> by mysql 3.0?

Look at SQL::Translator. However, MANY, MANY features from postgres 8.0
will not be available on mysql 3 (really?). So, I think you may have to do
a bit of editing to make it work correctly, in any case. If this is a
one-time thing, do it by hand. If doing on a regular basis, you might need
to script things a bit.

Sean