Re: Location of PGCon EU

From: Hans-Juergen Schoenig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Chris Mair <chris(at)1006(dot)org>
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Location of PGCon EU
Date: 2007-11-13 11:00:02
Lists: pgeu-general

> We're talking about *the* european conference here, so we should
> consider only locations with strong groups / infrastructure. As
> far as I (semi-lurker ;) understand these are at least
>
> - AT/Vienna (Hans et al)
> - IT/Prato (Gabriele et al)
>
> possibly some more I forgot. At some point we started even
> voting on these (insert select for update jokes here).

this is absolutely true.
no matter where we go - we should go for a location with a strong
local group.
the french group is strong, we have a quite strong one in Germany and
we have strong groups in the baltics (= skype mainly).
i also think that we change every year so that everybody has the
chance to present his country.

so, no matter what we do - we should rely on an existing infrastructure.
i am still offering that we organize a conference here but i am also
happy with any other country offering a good concept.

if we want to do a conference, i would suggest that we come to a
final conclusion soon so that people can start working on it.

best regards,

hans

--
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH