productive usage of PostgreSQL with Windows Server

From: Dirk Krautschick <Dirk(dot)Krautschick(at)trivadis(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: productive usage of PostgreSQL with Windows Server
Date: 2021-01-26 11:20:10
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

Please do not throw anything to me but I just want to ask if there is a realistic
recommendation for the productive usage of PostgreSQL with Windows. Or
are there any references you may share regarding this.

I am aware and I always surely recommend Linux but the matter of fact that there
are also customers with more Windows knowledge inhouse I always get the question
about experience and references which I cannot provide at this time.

Regarding the build farm status I see that it is pretty much tested and suppported at
least. But I am interessted in fundational opinions and expierences.

Thanks and cheers

Dirk