Re: productive usage of PostgreSQL with Windows Server

From: Holger Jakobs <holger(at)jakobs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: productive usage of PostgreSQL with Windows Server
Date: 2021-01-26 12:23:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

PostgreSQL on Windows is a viable option, although some extensions
aren't available.

If server and client are on Windows, authentication can be done via
Active Directory. This has to be configured in pg_hba.conf and makes
single sign-on possible.

AFAIK, this is the only real advantage of using Windows. But it shows
that the PostgreSQL people offer this, although they had to program
Windows-specific code to make it work.

I can tell that there is a company running a couple of thousand
PostgreSQL installations on Windows for a couple of years and that there
haven't been any problems.

Regards,

Holger

--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012