9.0 streaming replication problem

From: Sean Hsien <sean(dot)hsien(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 9.0 streaming replication problem
Date: 2011-03-10 03:21:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I've setup 2 nodes for streaming replication and it was working
perfectly. I the tested multiple failovers, switching master/slave,
and now the streaming replication doesn't work anymore.

I had a look at the log and it seems fine "LOG: replication
connection authorized: user=postgres ...". From ps, the sender and
receiver processes have been started. However there is something
strange with the sender process, ps says:

postgres: wal sender process postgres xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (48159) startup

And the streaming never starts. What are the possible problems?

Thanks and regards,
Sean