Re: Array type error

From: RW Shore <rws228(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Array type error
Date: 2011-02-14 12:52:26
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Thanks for the response. My issue is that the input and output formats
aren't interchangable. The application in question is part of a replication
system that converts changes into XML, processes the changes, and ultimately
applies them to a target database. If the array instance says that it
contains BIT data, I try to extract the array contents as a binary array;
this won't work if the actual array contents are BOOLEAN. Also, as far as I
can tell, the only way to insert an array value is to stringify it; the
string representation for a bit array is quite different from that of a
boolean array.

I understand the interchangability of bit(1) and boolean at a certain level,
but IMO this is still an inconsistency at best if not an outright bug.