Re: Array type error

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: RW Shore <rws228(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Array type error
Date: 2011-02-14 13:13:00
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 15/02/11 01:52, RW Shore wrote:

> I understand the interchangability of bit(1) and boolean at a certain
> level, but IMO this is still an inconsistency at best if not an outright
> bug.

I didn't mean that the server-side types bit(1) and boolean were
interchangeable. I meant that at the JDBC level, Types.BIT and
Types.BOOLEAN mean the same thing - the boolean type. BIT doesn't really
map to the server-side bit(n) type at all.

BOOLEAN is only available in later JDBC versions, so the driver prefers
BIT when returning metadata.

Oliver