[Pljava-dev] Returning complex complex objects

From: johann at myrkraverk(dot)com (Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Returning complex complex objects
Date: 2010-12-21 00:27:39
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi Krzysztof,

>> However, you'll get quite a few lines of
>> WARNING: ?TupleDesc reference leak: TupleDesc 124e930 (139827,-1)
>> still referenced

This is not really anything to worry about. The TupleDescs are freed
in a finalizer which will be run "sometime in the future." There is a
chance it's using the wrong free function and if so I expect to have
that patched before X-mas.

I do feel it's a bit "unprofessional" to have such warnings as it
gives the impression there may be a bug somewhere. It is possible to
keep track of the TupleDesc objecs in a separate data structure and
dispose of them when the Java function returns. I can provide a patch
for this in the near future if there is any wish for it. Let me know.

Johann