join from array or cursor

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: join from array or cursor
Date: 2009-08-21 03:15:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Suppose I have an integer array (or cursor with one integer column)
which represents primary keys of some table. Is there a simple and
efficient way to return the rows of the table corresponding to the
primary key values and keep them in the same order as the array (or
cursor)? Seems like it should be easy, but I'm not seeing it.

Thanks,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.