Re: corrupted item pointer:???

From: "hubert depesz lubaczewski" <depesz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: corrupted item pointer:???
Date: 2006-04-13 10:42:27
Lists: pgsql-general

On 4/13/06, Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com> wrote:

> Hmm - I believe that means a data/index block was corrupted.

indices were recreated (reindex table), so i think this is data related
problem.

Have you seen any crashes, or hardware-related errors in your logs?

nope. uptime is over 40 days.

the machine is not used for anything else so i can't tell anything, but i
didn't see any problems with it.

What are your config settings, particularly the first three here:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/runtime-config-wal.html
> fsync, wal_sync_method, full_page_writes

sure:
irr=# show fsync;
fsync
-------