Re: Broken linkparsing in archives

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Broken linkparsing in archives
Date: 2022-11-02 12:52:40
Lists: pgsql-www

> On 2 Nov 2022, at 13:39, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:

> And I'm not sure they *should* be considered, since the mime type of the body isn't markdown...

For emails sent as text to -announce, sure. But. Since we support markdown
formatting in news postings that go out to -announce, it seems a bit unhelpful
to generate broken links for all those posts.

If I can come up with a filter that converts a broken link from urlize for the
known case of markdown links, would that be an accepted solution?

--
Daniel Gustafsson https://vmware.com/