Re: Way to quickly detect if database tables/columns/etc. were modified?

From: Evan Martin <postgresql2(at)realityexists(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Way to quickly detect if database tables/columns/etc. were modified?
Date: 2016-10-31 20:41:17
Lists: pgsql-general

On 31/10/2016 8:26 PM, Melvin Davidson wrote:
> I have tried using an event trigger to detect table creation (ie:
> tg_event_audit_all ) however, that does not parse the schema_name and
> objid
> as does pg_event_trigger_dropped_objects(), so I am not sure that is a
> practical way to audit.

Event triggers seem like the most promising suggestion so far (given
that I only really need to know that /something/ has changed, not
necessarily what).

Still, I was hoping for a solution that doesn't rely on modifying the
database at all, i.e. something built into Postgres, but it's pretty
clear from everyone's answers nothing like this exists. (I wasn't
looking for a creation date, exactly, because I'd want to know when
something was modified, too).