Re: Merge all versions of postgres

From: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Martín Marqués <martin(dot)marques(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-pkg-yum <pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Merge all versions of postgres
Date: 2018-06-10 21:09:20
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Hi,

On Mon, 2018-06-04 at 09:07 -0300, Martín Marqués wrote:
> We had a exchange of thoughts with a co-worker regarding packaging of
> rpm and apt (for some automation of package installation) and one
> question we were unable to answer: Why are the pgdg repositories for
> rpms separated by version?

This allows us to push separate version of a same software for different
PostgreSQL versions. This could be solved by renaming all packages, adding
postgresql-11- prefix to each piece of package, but no, we are not doing that.

OTOH, I've been thinking of having a single repo file that includes all repos,
but not on top my todo list.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz