Re: Unable to Run pg_dump

From: john(dot)iliffe <john(dot)iliffe(at)pppoe(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-in-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, "ashok raj" <ashokexplorer(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Unable to Run pg_dump
Date: 2013-03-25 14:44:18
Lists: pgsql-in-general

Ooooops!

I did a kill -SIGHUP but that obviously didn't work. pg_ctl didn't work (couldn't find
the correct PID file) but based on your suggestion I stopped pgsql and restarted it
and that worked properly.

So, everything is running as expected now.

Thank you very much Ashokraj for the prompt to my memory.

Regards.

John

After making changes to pg_hab.conf, we used to reload the server , did you do that?

Try reloading the server again (pg_ctl -D <datadir> reload)