serious Bug in postgresql?

From: Ted Smith <ted_smith1(at)verizon(dot)net>
To: pgsql-in-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: serious Bug in postgresql?
Date: 2013-06-08 23:09:37
Lists: pgsql-in-general

Hello:

I am using
psql (PostgreSQL) 9.0.3

I just encountered an unthinkable problem. It was a simple

delete from tabeName where status = 'Failed'

Later I found out some rows with status = 'Completed' were also deleted.
I am 100% sure the where status = 'Failed' was the also condition used
and there was no way I could have typed in 'Completed' in the sql
and I checked the command history and it is the case.

So any thought on possible cause. I know I should upgrade to the lastest.
But I'd like to know it was indeed a known bug in 9.0.3 not something else.

Thanks very much.