[Pljava-dev] Plea for 8.4 support

From: p(dot)brewer at cornell(dot)edu (Peter W(dot) Brewer)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Plea for 8.4 support
Date: 2010-09-24 17:16:13
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi all,

I see from the archives and various forums on the web that I am not the
only one who would desperately like pljava support for PG8.4. I see
there is a fix in CVS so is there any chance the developers can make a
new release? I would be *extremely* grateful!

I put in a request to Debian/Ubuntu to get a package in the repositories
but the maintainer is not responding. The existing pljava in Ubuntu is
unusable as it works against an earlier version of PG which is no longer
supported.

I am perfectly happy to compile for myself on my own system, but I want
to release a server application that relies on pljava. I can't expect
my users to manually compile dependencies!

Many thanks

Peter