[Pljava-dev] Source code move to Git

From: hal(dot)hildebrand at me(dot)com (Hal Hildebrand)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Source code move to Git
Date: 2013-01-14 04:04:42
Lists: pljava-dev

You can execute anything from Maven using the exec maven plugin (http://mojo.codehaus.org/exec-maven-plugin/) There's a specialization for executing Ant, if that's useful (https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/) So, the mechanics of integrating Make aren't especially difficult.

The bigger difficulty, from my POV, is setting up the environment correctly. Having done this a couple of times, it still seems like quite the chore to actually build the C portion of pl/java. I'm not sure if that's just inherent difficulty or if there's something that can be done to make the process painless. I'm guessing the former because that's the way C programs roll.

In any event, however, it'll be easy to add a Maven module for building the C portion. I just didn't do it right off the bat because I wanted to get the Java portion squared away first, and the fact that I do most of my development on the Mac and I have had no luck getting pl/java to build on the Mac so I'll have to switch to Linux to get that portion squared away.